Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The big comparison!

Okay so i've tried to focus on the differenes between my student life and my home life, i've taken a few pictues that mirror earlier blogs.
















This image is a straight foward shot that shows the difference between Nottingham and Rural England. A mirror image of an earlier blog shows me stood in the woods surrounded by leaves, here you can see what my normal City footware is. I started to realise that even though there are more places to go for walks back at home that i actually walk more here. We take for granted the things that are natural to us and the one thing that has changed my world is that now i live i a city buses and lifts ( as i dont drive ) are in the past, i an pretty much walk anywhere that i need to go in a short space of time! If i was to walk to the nearest town back at home it would take about 3 hours so it is soemthing that i am now very grateful for, even though a pavement pretty much decides where i tread.














The other thing that shocked me is the never ending supply of surveillance cameras, watching your every move. If this kind of technology is wanted or even needed by our area it is supplied by our selves, and of course there are certain rules to apply.
The Countryside tends to give a sense of freedom and privacy, here in Nottingham my every move can be monitored, the pure concept of it kinda gives me the creeps even though it is for my own saftey!




















But then without warning Nottingham shows me why it can also be beautiful, it is one thing to look at place, it is another to see it! Similar to my earlier blog this image shows the total opposite of my manmade skyline, in a place where i least expected.

No comments: